Friday, August 28, 2009

Interview with a Picasa student



I spoke to one of the students who attended the Picasa course. Her name is Jennifer. Jennifer has been working in Real Estate for over 8 years now and computers play a big part in her life. She is however only knowledgeable with some programmes like email and Facebook because she never had any training to learn about computers. She doesn’t have a computer at home as she uses the computer at work where she has a PA to do the paperwork “I’ll pay somebody to use the computer for me” she says.

I asked her how she came to do the Picasa course. Jennifer said:”My son bought a digital camera. I wanted to learn how to get the photos on the computer “I heard about the course and it was on a convenient time for me and it was only 3 sessions. That was easy for me to fit in. I was very excited about the course I loved to make collages and it was great how you just could drag the pictures around and how easy it was to remove red eyes from your photo. I am now looking at buying a computer and want to learn more."

I told her that Addington.net is running some new community courses which are being held in the School holidays at daytime but that she could always come in at lunchtime between 12.00 and 12.50 and I would help her with the things she wanted to know more about, like how to find things on the internet.

I asked her what other topics she would be interested in as we are planning to set up some new courses. “I would love to know all the details about Facebook, learn more about email as I don’t use all the features and a workshop on Trade Me would be good. I don’t know all the possibilities of my cell phone either. That is something I need to learn. Or maybe a taster courses to get a glimpse of the several things combined. Jennifer left me with plenty of ideas to work with.

If you have ideas or things you like to learn leave us a comment or email us at addington.net@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment