Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Free After School session for children


Addington.net provides free after School Sessions for children aged seven and over. I talked to Kendra and Talia, two sisters who have been coming to Addington.net now for over two years.

About twice a week they come in after school to use the computers. They have a computer at home, without access to the internet.

Kendra uses the computer a lot for homework. When I asked her what she was doing she said:
“I found a website with information about herbs and how to grow them. I need that for my science project. I want to print it out and then I write the information down in my own words.”

Kendra feels she is getting better in finding the information she needs and she is also getting faster with typing. Both Kendra and Talia use the computer for communication with their friends as well. Usually they do it by email and Kendra also has a page on My Yearbook where her friends can leave messages and she can share pictures with them. Talia likes to play games on the internet.

Kendra and Talia are both happy that they are able to access the computers at Addington.net and what they especially like is that everybody is quiet so they can concentrate and relax.